Hydrogeologists Without Borders, in collaboration with REDR and Cranfield University, are running a course on groundwater monitoring and drilling supervision on the weekend of the 14th-16th September. This weekend aims to develop knowledge of groundwater, drilling supervision and groundwater monitoring, and is mainly intended for water engineers and managers. The cost for this three day course is £150 (including breakfast and lunch, accommodation not included).
By the end of the weekend, participants should have an understanding of:
- Groundwater movement and storage within different rock environments
- How to carry out a groundwater monitoring programme
- The process of borehole siting and choosing an appropriate drilling technology
- How to supervise drilling contractors
- Pumping test supervision and how to collect all the relevant information needed to analyse the test
- How to access free professional advice when working with groundwater related projects